The ticket prices you see for a specific performance will vary depending on:
- the time of day and day of the week of the performance
- the location of the seats in the theatre (see price reserves below)
- your age and/or concession status
We reserve the right to alter prices without notice. Changes are made in accordance with Live Performance Australia’s Ticketing Code of Practice.
To view the latest prices for the performance you are interested in, visit the relevant production page, click on the date you wish to attend and the seats you are interested in purchasing, and pricing variations will appear.
WAYS TO SAVE
We believe theatre is for everyone. We provide tickets at a range of price points and offer discounts for target groups, in line with our Pledge.
Click here to learn more about ways to save on your tickets.
The below is a guide only to give you an indication of what the different view in each price reserve may be. Not all productions will have all zones and some may have other zones not listed below.
- Premium: Full and unobstructed view of all elements of the production.
- A Reserve: Full view of the stage and all key elements of the production which are essential to the plot.
- B Reserve: Full view of the front centre of the stage which is where the majority of the production is performed.
- C Reserve: The angle and/or set may obstruct view of some elements of the show which are not essential to the plot. Detail and facial expressions may be impeded.
- Restricted View: The view of the stage is obstructed and this may include elements essential to the plot.
Standing Room tickets are available from time to time for performances at Southbank Theatre. If available, this option will be available when booking tickets.
The Standing Room section in The Sumner is a space against the back wall of the auditorium with an angled, cushioned bench like standing room on a tram. A limited number of spaces are available and are generally only available for performances where no other seats are available.
When purchasing a Standing Room ticket you acknowledge that you will be required to stand for the duration of the performance and are not permitted to occupy the seated section, even if a seat becomes available.
A booking fee of up to $7.95 per order applies for online bookings and $8.95 for phone bookings.
A booking fee does not apply for in-person bookings at Southbank Theatre.
Subscribers save money on every ticket, have priority access to the best seats, enjoy flexible exchanges and more exclusive benefits.
Ways to Save
Learn more about ways to save on your tickets.
Change of plans? No worries. We have a range of exchange options.
Free Up Seats
Can't make your performance? Free Up Seats allows you to make your seats available for someone else.
Access $26 tickets to a week’s worth of performances, with a valid concession card.
University of Melbourne Discounts
University of Melbourne staff memebers are eligible to receive discounts.
Production Content Guide
A detailed content guide for our upcoming productions.
Ratings and warnings to help you decide what plays are appropriate for your children.
Hear first-hand from members of the cast and creative team of each show.
Access an exclusive discount for theatre industry professionals with our Industry Pass.
Terms and Conditions
Learn more about your rights and obligations when buying tickets.