We are excited to launch our new Industry Pass, providing an exclusive discount for theatre industry professionals to experience the work of their peers.
For a $20 annual membership fee, practising professional theatre practitioners can access one $29 ticket to a preview performance of mainstage productions in Season 2023 (listed below).
Our Industry Pass eligibility criteria has been expanded to provide wider access and applications are now open.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for a Melbourne Theatre Company Industry Pass, you must be a practising professional theatre practitioner residing in Victoria.
We define a ‘practising professional’ as someone who has dedicated their career to roles in live theatre, while understanding that other employment at times may be necessary to sustain a freelance career.
For the eligibility of this pass, we define ‘theatre practitioner’ to include actors / performers; creative artists (eg playwright, director, designers, composers, dramaturg, choreographer, voice or intimacy consultants); independent producers, freelance production manager and production personnel (eg stage manager, mechanist, technician, dresser).
With the aim of providing access to those likely experiencing unstable income, people employed in front of house, ticketing and theatre administration roles are not eligible.
Industry Pass Performances
|Bernhardt/Hamlet||Saturday 4 – Tuesday 7 March|
|Happy Days||Monday 1 – Thursday 4 May|
|Jacky||Monday 22 – Friday 26 May|
|Is God Is||Monday 19 – Thursday 22 June|
|Bloom||Tuesday 18 – Friday 21 July|
|Escaped Alone and What If If Only||Monday 7 – Thursday 10 August|
|My Sister Jill||Saturday 23 – Wednesday 27 September|
|Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grill||Thursday 19 – Monday 23 October|
|A Very Jewish Christmas Carol||Tuesday 14 – Friday 17 November|
Tickets to Bernhardt/Hamlet and Happy Days are now on sale. Remaining performances will be available to book from 16 March for Jacky, Is God Is and Escaped Alone and What If If only; 30 March for Bloom and 8 June for all remaining productions.
Terms & Conditions
- Industry Pass membership is only available to practising professional theatre practitioners (refer to ‘Who is eligible?’ above). Eligibility is subject to change without notice.
- Industry Pass membership is annual and only valid for selected productions in the current year’s mainstage season.
- 2023 Industry Pass is not valid for Sunday or Prima Facie.
- For each production, Industry Pass holders are eligible to purchase a single ticket to one preview performance of their choosing for $29 in A-Reserve or B-Reserve (subject to availability).
- Industry Pass tickets are available for purchase online (the account the membership was purchased with must be used to access the exclusive price) or via the box office. Online booking fees are waived where the only ticket being purchased in the order relates to this program. Phone bookings incur an $8.95 booking fee.
- Industry Pass tickets are subject to availability. If availability is exhausted for preview performances, Industry Pass holders will not be offered a discounted ticket to an in-season performance.
- Tickets are not available for exchange or refund except in accordance with the LPA ticketing code of practice.
Subscribers save money on every ticket, have priority access to the best seats, enjoy flexible exchanges and more exclusive benefits.
Ticket Prices and Discounts
Learn more about our ticket prices and discounts.
Change of plans? No worries. We have a range of exchange options.
Free Up Seats
Can't make your performance? Free Up Seats allows you to make your seats available for someone else.
Production Content Guide
A detailed content guide for our upcoming productions.
Ratings and warnings to help you decide what plays are appropriate for your children.
Access $25 tickets to a week’s worth of performances, with a valid concession card.
Melbourne Theatre Company hosts post-show Forum Nights for most productions, giving people the chance to hear first-hand from members of the cast and creative team of each show.
University of Melbourne Discounts
University of Melbourne staff memebers are eligible to receive discounts.
Terms and Conditions
Learn more about your rights and obligations when buying tickets.