Sign up for an MTC Artist Pass and access discounted tickets to preview performances in 2020.
For a $20 membership fee, practising theatre artists can access a $29 ticket to a preview performance of each MTC mainstage production in 2020. This exclusive discount represents a significant saving over other industry discounts and is designed to encourage and ensure accessibility for artists to see and experience the work of their peers.
To apply for MTC’s Season 2020 Artist Pass or renew your membership, please complete the application form and return to MTC by email or mail. If your application is successful, you will be contacted by phone to process your payment.
Please see ‘Who is eligible?’ below to check you qualify before submitting your form.
Season 2020 is selling fast, so book early to avoid disappointment. You can find on-sale dates for each production here. Please note, that there won't be an Artist Night performance for our 2020 Education & Families Production, SLAP. BANG. KISS.
Terms & Conditions
- MTC Artist Pass is a membership program open to a specific group (refer to ‘Who is eligible?’).
- The membership period is aligned with MTC’s annual mainstage season (typically a calendar year).
- Cost of membership for 2020 is $20.
- For each production, Artist Pass holders will be eligible to purchase a single ticket to one preview performance of their choosing for $29 in A-Reserve or B-Reserve (subject to availability).
- Artist Pass tickets will be available for purchase at the box office or online (the account the membership was purchased with must be used to access the special price). Online booking fees will be waived where the only ticket being purchased in the order relates to this program. Phone bookings incur an $8.95 booking fee.
- Artist Pass tickets are subject to availability. If availability is exhausted for preview performances of a given MTC production, Artist Pass holders will not be offered a discounted ticket to an in-season performance.
- Tickets are not available for exchange or refund except in accordance with the LPA ticketing code of practice.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for an MTC Artist Pass, you must be a practising professional theatre artist residing in Victoria.
MTC defines ‘practising professional’ as someone who has dedicated their career to the role of being an Artist, while understanding that other employment at times may be necessary to sustain a freelance career.
MTC defines ‘theatre artist’ to include actors / performers; creative artists (e.g. playwright, director, designer, choreographer); stage managers and production personnel (e.g. mechanist, production manager).
Front of house, ticketing and theatre administration staff are not eligible for an MTC Artist Pass.
To demonstrate your eligibility as a practising professional theatre artist, you can provide:
- Link to active Showcast entry or agent’s website
- Current MEAA membership showing relevant profession
- Current membership of a relevant theatre industry organisation, e.g. Australian Writers Guild, Theatre Designers Guild, Theatre Network Australia
- Link to online folio, or link to a program or credit list for a professional theatre production (online or PDF)
- Or if none of the above can be verified, a written reference from a professional theatre company, venue or production.
Ticket Prices and Discounts
There are many ways you can save money on your theatre tickets.
An exclusive benefit for MTC subscribers, click here to exchange your tickets online.
Production Content Guide
A detailed content guide for our upcoming productions.
Ratings and warnings to help you decide what plays are appropriate for your children.
Access $25 tickets to a week’s worth of performances with a valid concession card, on Tuesdays from 11am using the promo code SEATSAVERS
Melbourne Uni Theatre Pass
Enjoy free or discounted tickets with MTC’s Melbourne Uni Theatre Pass.
Terms and Conditions
Learn more about your rights and obligations when buying tickets.
ANZ Forum Nights
MTC hosts post-show ANZ Forum Nights for most productions, giving people the chance to hear first-hand from members of the cast and creative team of each show.
Dress Rehearsal Club