High-ability students in Years 9-10 can explore theatre through the new Victorian Challenge and Enrichment Series.
Explore the rehearsal process in this 90min interactive online workshop where you'll expand your knowledge of theatre-making. Develop your drama vocabulary through the lens of professional theatre practice, and work with other passionate drama students from different schools. This workshop is free and exclusive for students at Victorian Government schools.
Term 4 Workshops
Attend the workshop via Webex Meetings at one of the following times in Term 4:
During school hours:
- Thursday 28 October, 10am - 11.30am
- Thursday 4 November, 1.30pm - 3pm
- Friday 5 November, 1.30pm - 3pm
- Wednesday 10 November, 10am - 11.30am
After school hours:
- Wednesday 3 November, 4pm - 5.30pm
- Tuesday 9 November, 4pm - 5.30pm
This workshop is offered free exclusively for Victorian Government schools. By participating in this program, students and their teachers or parents/carers agree to behave in accordance with the Participation Guidelines.
For students to participate in a workshop during school hours, they must be registered by a teacher. Teachers are also required to coordinate the required parental consent for these activities. For workshops after school hours, students must be registered by their parent/carer. Use the buttons below to register:
What to expect
Workshops run for 90 minutes online via Webex Meetings. As the workshops are interactive, students are encouraged to activate their microphones and camera. Workshops typically include 5-30 students, from a range of Victorian Government schools, who share an interest in theatre. Activities can include brainstorming, group work in breakout rooms, interpreting script excerpts, and students can volunteer to perform.
The workshops are facilitated by experienced Teaching Artists, and everyone is expected to follow the Participation Guidelines.
Students in previous workshops have said:
- 'I feel more confident expressing my ideas and being in a new environment, it was fun!'
- 'I really got a better understanding of theatre and how even the smallest of things can connect to an audience member.'
- 'I feel more confident writing precisely and strongly.'
For enquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Victorian Challenge and Enrichment Series is supported by the Victorian Government.