Please Note: The $10 ticket allocation is exhausted! We can't wait to share Anchuli Felicia King's incredible Golden Shield with you in August to celebrate 10 Years at Southbank Theatre. To learn more about other ticket discounts at MTC, click here.
To celebrate Southbank Theatre's 10 Year Anniversary, we're releasing one thousand $10 tickets to our world premiere of Golden Shield, the first MTC NEXT STAGE Original production and one of the highlights of our 2019 Season.
We’re proud to be able to celebrate such an important company milestone with this very special offer to our audiences. $10 tickets to all August performances will be on sale for 100 hours from 10am on Monday 1 July, or until sold out.
HOW TO BOOK
Purchase up to two tickets to any available Golden Shield performance in August for $10 each. Please note the discount will be applied in your cart before final payment.
To book your ticket:
- Visit the Golden Shield play page via the link above
- Select a performance between 12 and 31 August
- Select up to two A or B Reserve seats
- The discount will be applied in your cart before final payment
... or call our friendly box office on 8688 0800
- Offer valid for performances of Golden Shield between 12 and 31 August, subject to availability based on completed transactions
- Discount is applied for A or B reserve tickets only
- Maximum two tickets per customer
- Offer runs from 10am Monday 1 July 2019 to 2pm Friday 5 July 2019 AEST, or until sold out
- Once purchased, tickets are not transferable and photo ID may be required when collecting tickets prior to your performance
ABOUT THE SHOW
A riveting new play filled with disarming humour, Golden Shield sees trailblazing writer Anchuli Felicia King smash the personal against the political in a globetrotting thriller not to be missed.
Tenacious young lawyer Julie Chen (Fiona Choi) brings her sister Eva (Jing-Xuan Chan) on board as a translator in a risky legal battle with international ramifications. Leading a class action exposing an American tech giant’s involvement with the Chinese government’s internet firewall, Golden Shield, they must put their differences aside to confront large-scale censorship, corporate greed and their own complicated past.
Loyalty, family and language combine in this NEXT STAGE original production, directed by MTC's award-winning Associate Artistic Director Sarah Goodes (Switzerland).
Commissioned through MTC’s NEXT STAGE Writers’ Program with the support of our Playwrights Giving Circle Donors, The Ian Potter Foundation, The Myer Foundation, Malcolm Robertson Foundation and The University of Melbourne.