Over recent years a number of valuable projects have been made possible through the support of various Trusts and Foundations.
• MTC’s Affiliate Writers program Hard Lines – a developmental initiative providing financial support to fledgling writers – saw many emerging playwrights mentored in their craft. Though this program, MTC was able to help writers develop their stories through to the play reading phase and in some cases on to the main-stage.
• In 2009 MTC expanded on Hard Lines to include a separate commissions program as well as a devoted season of play readings. We hope to grow our development program further still by adding an annual residency for an emerging playwright to study and work in all areas at MTC HQ.
• MTC’s Youth Scholarship Program provides a number of scholarships for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds. This program provides students access to an intensive 5-day developmental drama course. These places are granted to young people who may otherwise not have this opportunity due to distance, economic or social considerations.
The Joy of Text was developed with generous support from The Joan and Peter Clemenger Trust and The Cybec Foundation.
Current Philanthropic Trust and Foundation Support:
• The Joan and Peter Clemenger Trust
The Joan and Peter Clemenger Trust has supported our new writing & emerging playwrights program since 2006, funding whole and partial commissions. The Joan and Peter Clemenger Trust was also instrumental in the establishment of the Lawler in Southbank Theatre.
• The Cybec Foundation
The Cybec Foundation has supported commissions and workshops of new plays since 2002 and is currently committed to three years of support to the Cybec Readings – a selection of play readings performed in the Lawler, designed to develop the skills of emerging playwrights.
• Harold Mitchell Foundation
The Harold Mitchell Foundation assists MTC to provide emerging and mid-career directors with the opportunity to learn about staging productions for large theatre companies from the mentoring of experienced senior theatre directors.
• Marshall Day Acoustics (Denis Irving Scholarship)
Marshall Day Acoustics offers an annual scholarship, in honour of the late Denis Irving, to a VCA Production graduate to gain experience in their company and in MTC Production.
• Sidney Myer Fund (Geoffrey Cohen AM Scholarship)
The Sidney Myer Fund provides subsidised access for secondary students to MTC performances.
Without the valued support of Trusts and Foundations these important opportunities would not be possible. For more information please contact our Major Donor and Foundations Manager Adrienne Conway on 03 8688 0959 or email email@example.com.