NEON is only two weeks away! In the lead up to the Festival, we are giving you the opportunity to win a double NEON Pass – that’s two tickets to each of the five 2013 NEON productions!
To enter, all you have to do is take a photo of something neon, post it on Instagram with the hashtag #mtcNEON and mentioning @MelbTheatreCo, then share a copy with us via email (email@example.com).
Make sure you submit your photo by Sunday 12 May, 2013. NEON Managing Producer Martina Murray will judge the best photo alongside a member of DANIEL SCHLUSSER ENSEMBLE and the winner will be announced on Wednesday 15 May, 2013.
Need some inspiration? The staff at MTC are getting excited about our inaugural Festival of Independent Theatre, and some of them are really getting into the spirit of NEON. Here’s an example from NEON Managing Producer Martina Murray:
We’re looking forward to seeing what you can come up with!
1. This competition commences at 10:00am on 7 May, 2013 and closes on at 11:59pm on 12 May, 2013..
2. The winner will receive a double NEON Pass (a double pass to each of the five 2013 NEON productions) valued at $200. Tickets are subject to availability.
3. Entrants must submit photo of something neon via Instagram, mentioning @MelbTheatreCo and #mtcNEON in their caption. They must then share the photo with firstname.lastname@example.org either via Instagram or with a web link.
4. Any entries that contain offensive material will be removed from the competition.
5. Entries must be original photographs or images, created and shot by and/or featuring you. The image must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form. The entry must not have been entered into any other drawing or competition nor won any award. Modification of an existing image does not count as original.
6. Submitted images must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
7. By submitting an entry you are responsible for receiving express consent of any identifiable persons appearing in the image to their likeness being used. If the subject of the photo is under the age of majority, written consent and a signature of a parent or legal guardian is required and can be sent to email@example.com with the Instagram user’s name.
8. This competition is a game of skill – chance plays no part in determining the winner.
The competition will be judged by the following criteria: photographic quality (20%), artistic quality of the images (20%), originality (20%); creativity (20%); response to the theme and rules (20%).
9. MTC reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition, at any time, and no correspondence regarding the exclusion will be entered into.
10. The most creative entry will be selected by NEON Producer Martina Murray alongside a member of DANIEL SCHLUSSER ENSEMBLE on Monday 13 May, 2013.
11. The winner will be contacted via email, and announced via Melbourne Theatre Company’s social media channels on Wednesday 15 May 2013.
12. The winner must then contact MTC to arrange their prize, by calling (03) 8688 0900 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Failure to contact MTC regarding the prize before Thursday 16 May will result in a reselection of the winner. If reselection occurs, the new winner will be announced on Friday 17 May 2013.
14. This competition is open to Australian residents over the age of 18 only. MTC staff and their immediate families, as well as those involved with NEON Festival and any of the events and productions included, are not eligible for the prize.
15. The supply or submission of any content to the Melbourne Theatre Company grants Melbourne Theatre Company the right to use or publish the content or ideas contained in the content without consideration to the submitter.